Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tending Days & Jumping Bean

For the past year, I've been tending my friend's little girl a couple days out of the week. Her name is Lindsey Elise. (Yes, I like to believe she was named after me;) )Her mother works as a fourth grade teacher, and since the end of the school year is quicky inching it's way here, I thought I'd better take pictures of the kids together before it gets here.




Those of you that know our family well, know that Maddex is a jumper. I'm not talking little bounces, I mean he JUMPS HIGH! In this pic, he's not jumping from the tile, he's jumping from the carpet. Oh ya, he can get some air! At only 9 months old, he began this jumping fetish. Yes, he jumped long before he ever took his first steps. He would pull himself up on furniture and start jumping, until eventually he began letting go and making big jumps accross the room. He didn't even walk until he was nearly 14 months old. Why walk when you can jump to where you want to go & make it there in half the time? I keep thinking he's got to soon grow out of it, but at 2 years of age, he continues to jump. I think that's why he's such a skinny kid...that has to burn mega calories! Maddex, I hope you NEVER stop jumping. I have a feeling you'll be the #1 rebounder on the basketball team.....

5 comments:

Thunderbay said...

This post is too cute. I love the pictures of the boys they are too cute... I miss them!!! I love the picture of Maddex jumping he get some serious air and he jumps higher and higher. He is definitely going to be a basketball player and he will get some amazing rebounds. I love Andy's Tshirt it is darling... Your boys are so cute I want to come and steal them :) Lindsay is cute...

SarahC said...

Hey, I wanted to talk to you at the Lamb Day Pageant, but I didn't see you standing there right at first & then I had to leave because my niece who was in the pageant forgot something & I had to run home to get it. Then I left the pageant early because I was sick of chasing Zander around. I heard you & Devin sing though & you did awesome! Hopefully I'll see you again soon!

Papworth's said...

That's hilarious! How does one have so much energy that he chooses to jump instead of walk! Hey, it is much more exciting and not at all boring like walking can be! My little guy crawled before he sat up but didn't jump before walking! I say, "Good for him!" He's totally advanced! They are the cutest boys.

Anonymous said...

what dang cute kids!! and I wanted to tell you what a great job you did at miss lamb day singing... but I didn't see ya after that :( you guys did wonderful!! it was the best part of the night :) xoxoxo

dallasandstephanie.blogspot.com said...

Your boys are so dang cute. It was fun seeing you guys yesterday. Thanks again for fixing my blog since I am so computer dumb!