Friday, June 26, 2009

Camping & a cool discovery!

Brandon is on his vacation, so we decided to go camping with the kids. We went up fairview canyon.

Here are pics of us on the drive up.....


My Gorgeous little boys.............
This is my "oh crap, what have I got myself into, camping with a two & three year old" look.


Just after we arrived at our beautiful & quite secluded camping spot, Maddex & I ventured off to find wood for a fire and discovered this sweet little guy about 30 yards from our tent. Maddex screams "OOOHHHH BAAAMMMBBIIEEEE, SOOOO CUUUUTE!! The sweet little guy let us get right up to him & I let the kids pet him with sticks(if human sent is on them, mama deer will reject them) We could tell he was only hours old. Baby deer are unsented so preditors are unable to find them. Mother deer leave them in bushes and take off for six to eight hours at a time, only returning to feed them, then leave again. Mama deer moved him during the night. He was gone in the morning. It was pretty cool, and I'm glad the kids were able to see a baby deer!
Andy's catch of the day.

My lovely catch...
The albino fish I caught. They've got RED EYES. Pretty cool.
Brandons trophy fish.......haha.
We found this tree up by fairview lakes. We carved it one month after we were married, over 5 years ago....crazy!!

The boys chillin in the tent....

Note to self: Bring foam pad next time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like sooo much fun! Your kids are darling! and thanks for the spring city info! :) I knew there must be a reason it was spelled wrong! you will have to ride with me over there a day and we can try and catch the gas station when its actually open to get a drink! :) xoxo

Tori said...

That looks like a fun trip. I love the mountains and I take every chace I get to be up there. That deer finding is the coolest thing ever... I want to see one that close up. Fun trip.Thanks for filling Julia in on the Spring City thing... that was too funny

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

Great pics! The little deer is so cute. You should ask Debra about the pet deer we had named Herbalina (it was Herbie, but then we discovered it was a girl). Looks like you had a nice camping trip.

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! We are heading to Strawberry in a couple weeks and I am not to sure about it! Camping with a 2 year old in a tent...We'll see how it goes :D

Kelli said...

That baby fawn is awesome! I bet your boys loved that. I love camping, but with a three year old sometimes not so fun :)

Kailee Joy said...

Looks like a fun little family trip/vacation. Your boys look like they enjoyed themselves... who wouldn't, they saw bambi!:) "lucky!"

Thunderbay said...

Your camping trip looks like it was a blast... I miss the boys so much I can't wait to see them this weekend. Your pictures are so cute and I love the baby deer :)

Thunderbay said...

Hey Girly, I know I am way excited for this weekend. I can't wait :)