Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update on Andy's accident...

Just a quick update on Andy :
First I must ask you to accept my apology over the negativity of the last post. I wasn't in the right frame of mind. (I was freaked out!) The dentist told me I would be amazed at how fast the healing process would take place. ( Mouth sores always heal faster than sores any place else on the body)....well he was right. It has only been three days since the inccident, and I am blown away by the recovery Andrew has made.The cut on his bottom lip has fused back together. (it was sooo deep) They said if it were on the outside of his lip, they would have done stitches, but since it was on the inside, they left it alone. Day two Andy looked like a who from who-ville. (very swollen & puffy above the upper lip) He was extremely bruised(his nose was even bruised). And, as I mentioned in the last post, his gums were HAMBURGER....sorry, there's just no other way to put it(they were also the color of the rainbow). But now he looks SOOOO much better. His tooth hasn't turned black yet(not sure how long that takes) The swelling is completely gone, bruising is almost gone & his tooth has moved closer back to where it was in the first place. I highly doubt it will go back all the way. His front teeth were perfectly straight with no gaps. Now there is a gap between his two front teeth & of course the injured tooth is further back & slightly crooked....which makes me a bit sad. But I can deal with it. He's such a hansome boy, he can pull it off! He has been so good this whole time, although he is sick & tired of pudding, jello, yogart & popsicles. He keeps asking "mom, I wan't some hard food, PLEASE." Poor kid. He still has a couple days to go before he can have solids. I'm just so gratedfull that he is no longer in pain!( the pictures were taken this morning...he looks like himself again!)

1 comment:

Thunderbay said...

I am so happy to hear he is recovering so quickly. He is such a cutie!!! Give him hugs for me!