Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Experience....


So I had something unique happen to me about a week ago that has definately been a testimony strengthener, so I thought that I would share.
I was flipping though some random photos of the family when Andy says "mom, go back to that picture!" so i flip back through until I reach a wedding pic of Brandon and I in front of the Temple doors, and Andy yells "STOP, right there!".

Andy: "That's where I was born"
Me: oh, really?(I didn't even know he knew the word "born")
Andy: 'Yea, I was born there"
Me: 'do you know where that is?'
Andy: "Yes, it's the Temple."
Me: "Yes it is the Temple, but thats not where you were born"
Andy:" Yes, it is where I was born. And you and daddy got down and prayed"
(at this point I have a massive case of the chills)
Me: "Andy, were you there when Daddy and I were married?"
Andy: "Yes. There was lots of people there"

I was immediately reminded of something our sealer( the temple president at the time) said to us just before he sealed us. From the expression on his face, he was clearly filled with the spirit. I remember him gazing around the room trying to hold in the emotion he was feeling when he said in a choked voice "you two are very lucky. You have lots of family here today to support you. But I want you to know that there are a lot more people here that you may not be able to see."
So is it possible that our future children were there to witness the sealing of their parents, as we knelt in front of eachother accross the alter? I sure would like to think so. Maybe they felt joy and comfort to know they would be born under the covenant. Maybe that's the day they chose us to be their earthly parents.
This experience has reminded me what is important in life, and that there is a lot of things I need to work on to better myself and my family.
I need to attend the temple more often, make it to church EVERY week., Pay a full tithe, say family prayers & study scriptures more often. Strive to be a better person, because this life is only temparary, and I wan't to be with my family for ETERNITY.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say I got chills reading this and they are still going! We were able to attend a sealing a few weeks ago and their sealer said something similar (that their future children were there celebrating with them). That is the first time I had ever heard it but it really made me think. The temple is an AMAZING place! Wish we lived closer cause we could do a weekly temple trip together.

Papworth's said...

That made my eyes water. That's a very neat and special experience. It really makes you think. We aren't just living and striving to do the right thing just for us that's for sure!! Eternal families are truly an amazing blessing. I love kids and how innocent and close to Heavenly Father they are. That was awesome!

Mower Family said...

Andy is seriously one of those kids who is just wise beyond his years. He is always saying something to remind you what life is really about. I love him.

Thunderbay said...

This is the cutest story ever... I am sitting here at work with tears in my eyes and goosebumps. Andy and Maddex are so special and they are so close to our Heavenly Father. As little as they are, they continue to teach me lessons and build my testimony. This story reminds me that I have temple work to do. Thanks for sharing this story it made my whole day!

Curtis~Kali~Jaxton~Boston said...

That gave me the chills as I was reading that. It really does make you think about whats really important in life. Kids are so amazing. I definently need to be better to go to the temple. If you guys ever want to go me and Curtis would love to go with you.

SarahC said...

Wow! What an awesome story. Little kids I think are so in tune with the spirit. What a cute little guy! I was seriously almost crying while I was reading this.

Trista said...

What a great experience! I'm glad that we can have these reminders in our lives of whats truly important.

erin said...

definite chills. those kinds of stories make me want to be a better person. i love how very wise things sometimes come from very tiny people.