Saturday, November 27, 2010

When we lose our humanity......

...........it's a sad thing.

12:00 midnight, walmart. Chaos is exploding around me. Everywhere there's movment. I'm the only one standing still, trying to obsorb what's happening, with eyes wide, mouth hanging open. I see people getting hit in the head, shoved to the ground, and still I stand, starring, absorbing.I can't help but think of a starving pride of lions, fighting over a carcuss. That's when I decide, there is no "good deal" or "great savings" that would be worth acting like a wild animal. I must escape, and somehow I do.

I have promised myself never to return. My humanity is far to precious to me....

4 comments:

Sheena said...

That is the EXACT reason I chose to sleep in until 9 and play with my kids instead of looking for those "great deals". There is something very Un-Christmas about fighting someone for presents.

tikichikadee said...

Be glad you weren't wearing stripes.

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

I just wait for Cyber Monday. I found some great deals yesterday online.

Jenni said...

I went with my mom because she thinks it is fun....It is the first time I have ever been and after being there for 2 hours, not too sure it is worth loosing my sleep over. It was entertaining watching people though.