Sunday, January 11, 2009

PIPE BREAK!

So we had a pipe freeze & break in the night, which I discoverd at about 6 o'clock in the morning. Standing at the top of my stairway, I could hear the sound of gushing water, and at that moment, I new exactly what had happened. My husband, father, & father- in-law all working graveyard shifts were all unavailable & unreachable, so I ended up calling my savior of a brother in law, Kevin to come & help me. (bless his heart).
Note to women : Know where & how to turn your house water off. It may be very helpful in times of need.
So now I get to do what I've been wanting to do for some time now: remodel my downstairs!(and we only had to pay a $500 deductable)
Bye-bye ugly wall paper & hidious forest green carpet, hello freshly painted walls & the glorious aroma of new carpet.

3 comments:

dallasandstephanie.blogspot.com said...

I'm so sorry about your house! At least you get to semi-remodel!

tikichikadee said...

Hello sticky fingers on freshly painted walls, spilled hawiian punch exactly where everyone can see it, and that gut-wrenching feeling when you hear Andy say, "Uh-oh, momma, Maddex spilled _______ and the carpet is pink."
Got to love new things!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun project minus the water everywhere! We are hoping to buy a house in the next few months then I can start making a house my own and I am so excited! I love new carpet & paint!